Advertising Terms of Service
Last updated: October 23, 2016
The following terms (the "Advertising Terms") apply to your use of any of Shareaholic's advertising interfaces and APIs for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the "Ad Interfaces") and any order you place through the Ad Interfaces ("Order"). You can target your desired audience by buying ads to be delivered on Shareaholic sites, our publisher network, or other networks.
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Ad Content Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion.
- Based on your targeting selections for device, geography, and/or other factors, we will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
- You agree that during the term of the Orders and for a period of six (6) months thereafter, you will not directly or indirectly solicit, engage with or otherwise contact any of the Shareaholic Properties in an effort to sell or otherwise place any advertising on any of the Shareaholic Properties. The foregoing restriction shall not apply to such Shareaholic Properties with whom you can demonstrate a previously existing business relationship with clear and convincing evidence to us. For purposes of the foregoing, the Shareaholic Properties shall mean any website or mobile site or application that was in the Shareaholic advertising network of sites during the term of the Orders.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Shareaholic or the Shareaholic Services without our prior written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to these Advertising Terms and the TOS.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates these Advertising Terms or the TOS, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
The Ad Interfaces are part of "Shareaholic" under Shareaholic's Terms of Service (the "TOS"), and the TOS continues to apply to your use of the Ad Interfaces and any other use of Shareaholic. Accordingly, your use of the Ad Interfaces is governed by and subject to both the TOS and these Advertising Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Advertising Terms and the TOS, these Advertising Terms shall govern with respect to your use of the Ad Interfaces to the extent of the conflict. It shall not be deemed a conflict where a term or condition is set forth in either the TOS or these Advertising Terms but omitted from the other. We may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your use of a specific feature or functionality made available through the Ad Interfaces. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with these Advertising Terms, the supplemental terms will govern with respect to your use of the specific feature or functionality to the extent of the conflict. We may change or update these Advertising Terms from time to time and your continued use of the Ad Interfaces constitutes acceptance of those changes.