Last updated: September 30, 2015
Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
- Agreement to pay. When you purchase advertising on or through Shareaholic, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
- Consent to credit check. Your order constitutes your written authorization for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
- Security. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- Funding instruments. We want to make payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, and other payment methods. We reserve the right to change which credit cards or other accepted payment methods we accept in our sole discretion and (a) you may be required to modify your account to provide a then-acceptable credit card or other accepted payment method in order to maintain your accounts and (b) your only recourse if you are not satisfied with the then-accepted payment options is to cancel your account, provided that you will nevertheless be responsible for all fees incurred prior to cancellation.
- Authority. When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Payments. If you have not signed an Insertion Order providing for invoicing, your credit card or other accepted payment method you have provided in your account as means of satisfying the fees you owe will be charged when your balance thresholds, as established by Shareaholic in its sole discretion, have been attained and/or at the end of each calendar month. All payments, unused promotional credits, and initial deposit(s) are non-refundable.
- Insertion Orders ("IO"). If you have signed an Insertion Order, fees will generally be invoiced by us within thirty (30) days of the end of each calendar month for activity during the previous month, unless otherwise set forth in the IO. You shall pay all invoices within thirty (30) days following the end of each calendar month. Unless otherwise noted, all payments shall be remitted in United States Dollars ("USD"). The decision as to whether to allow you to choose between Insertion Orders (IO) and credit card rests solely with us. We may terminate this invoicing ability unilaterally at any time at our sole discretion.
- Prepaid Account. You may have the option to purchase ads with a prepaid account. Amounts prepaid are non-refundable except where required by law. Shareaholic is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, prepaid amounts do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations, and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
- Cancellation. You can pause or cancel an advertising order at any time through our online portal, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
- Tax liability. The amounts charged to you by us, whether through your credit card or otherwise, may be subject to and include applicable taxes, including without limitation withholding taxes. It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- Failed funding. If you fund a payment by debit card and your transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
- Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction. We shall review all billing inquiries, including refund requests, on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right to approve or deny any request in our sole discretion.
- Delinquent accounts. If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1.5% per month or the lawful maximum, compounded monthly. We also reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of our service until your account becomes current.
- Conflict of terms. All of the commitments you make in the Shareaholic Terms of Service (the "TOS") apply. In the event of any conflict between the Payment Terms and the TOS, the Payments Terms shall prevail.