Founded by Kelly Lieberman, a self described “social media sponge”, #PinChat is a great way to connect with other Pinterest enthusiasts and talk about the latest trends on the platform. As Pinterest is now the fourth largest traffic source in the world, it’s incredibly important to understand how to strategically use Pinterest for content marketing.
If you couldn’t make the Twitter chat, we have some Pinterest best practices from our own blog posts. If you’re looking to learn more about creating content for Pinterest, here are some great resources:
Still not convinced of the importance of Pinterest? See how much it’s grown in the past year through these data reports:
- January: Pinterest Drives More Referral Traffic Than Google Plus, YouTube and LinkedIn Combined
- February: Pinterest Sent More Referral Traffic Than Twitter in February
- June: Pinterest Sends More Referral Traffic Than Google Referral, Twitter and Stumbleupon, Slightly Edges Out Bing
- September: Pinterest Beats Out Yahoo! Organic Traffic to Become 4th Largest Traffic Source in the World
Pinterest Sharing Tools
There are also a ton of tools available for you and your readers to pin content:
- Shareaholic Publisher Social Sharing Tools
- Shareaholic Chrome Extension
- Pinterest Pin it Button for Chrome
- Shareaholic Bookmarklet for Any Browser
Pinterest Content Marketing Tips
If you’re looking to create content that will be successful on Pinterest, definitely check out these posts:
- Using Pinterest for Content Marketing
- Top 5 Tools to Create Images for Pinterest
- Top 10 WordPress Themes That Look Like a Pinterest Page
- How to Integrate Pinterest into Your WordPress Layout
- Blogging Tips: The Content Lifecycle [Springboard Conference] (There’s a whole section in here on promoting content through Pinterest)
What are some tips you’ve learned about Pinterest? Share your thoughts with us below!
Make it easy for your readers to share your content to Pinterest with Shareaholic for your blog.